Earthlight is pleased to offer a range of Broadband packages for our users. All packages include a dial-up account as a back-up and friendly service from a Real Person™ should you need assistance. As an Earthlight customer you will never spend 40 minutes on hold waiting to have to speak to someone about a connection problem!
All prices include GST.
|earth-lite||FS/FS||2GB||$34.45||Your choice of $3 per GB or Throttle-On-Cap (slows down to dial-up speed once your monthly limit is reached).|
These plans are subject to change, so please check with us on availability. If there is not something which matches your needs, please contact us with your requirements. Please note that to speed the process of your broadband order, we will request a copy of your telephone bill.
We don't charge a connection fee and in most cases you will be able to set up your Broadband connection yourself. If you require us to come to your home to assist you, a site visit fee may apply. In certain circumstances, additional wiring will be required and a wiring fee of $199 will apply. You will most likely require additional wiring if you have any of the following:
- PABX phone system
- Monitored alarm on the same phone line.
- More than five pieces of phone line equipment connected to the line including SKY decoder.
Broadband Modems / Routers
Below are three models we most commonly (recommend) sell:
Linksys AG300 four port modem/router $149.95
Linksys WAG120N four port wireless modem/router $159.95
Pricing includes being configured and all units are ADSL2 capable for the future. Pricing excludes postage of needed. A splitter is priced at $18.90 and will be required for every phone, if no wiring has been carried out.
To connect Broadband with Earthlight, we require the following details:
- Broadband Plan you require
- Telephone Number to connect broadband to
- Address This is the physical address
- Is there Broadband already on the line, with another provider?
To sign up, please click here and fill in the form with your details.
Please note: users who are moving addresses will need to ensure that the job for the new line is completed by Telecom. Applications for Broadband on a new line cannot be provisioned with Telecom until the telephone connection process is complete - typically a day after the phone line starts working.
For help and to talk with a Real Person™, call us on 03 479 0303
The Fine Print
- All connections are full speed. This means you will go as fast as the connection to the exchange permits.
- Once your Data Cap is reached, your choice of Excess Charges at $3 per GB or Throttle-On-Cap. (slows down to dial-up speed once your monthly limit is reached)
These plans are billed in advance, any excess chanrges such as data in arrears.
Calender month to month billing.
Electronic billing, you choose between e-mail or fax. Payments are to be made electronically. Add $5 per month if you wish to receive accounts by paper or if payment is processed manually. (for example: cheque, eftpos or credit card)
A churn fee may apply when joining Earthlight from another provider.
Minimum sign up term of 12 months for a broadband connection with Earthlight (excludes plan upgrades) or an early disconnect fee will apply of $99.
Clients are required to fill an application from, this can be done via our Sign Up page or by calling us on 03 479 0303 to request one is posted.
Please read our full Terms and Conditions by clicking on the link at the bottom of any page.
Everyone is different, and has different needs, so rate and options vary accordingly. Earthlight offers a range of options, and the main ones are listed here. Our packages are tailored to meet the needs of light to moderate users. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your needs so that we can provide the right solution for you. Earthlight requires electronic payment such as Automatic Payment, Credit Card (secure online transaction), Bank Transfer, or EFTPOS payment at our premises.
Terms And Conditions
Read the Earthlight Terms & Conditions
There are a variety of time rates for regular users.
|No. Of Hours||Monthly Charge||Additional Hours Over Plan|
If you're past 100 hours a month then you're outgrowing dial-up, and other plans will work better for you. A little-known fact is the significance that while connected online your PC is directly connected to the Internet. Unless there is a firewall or you have taken specific protections on your PC (in addition to Virus protection), then it is open to be probed by anyone else on the Internet.
For low volume, occasional users. Full Internet is provided, although often users mainly use the Internet for e-mail and little browsing.
- Prepay $3 per hour including GST
Minimum purchase is $30 for 10 hours. You're e-mailed once you drop below five hours time remaining.
Just complete the contact form to tell us about your needs. We can assess your requirements and advise accordingly.
For help and to talk with a real person, call us on 03 479 0303
This service provides you with an email address within earthlight.co.nz. You can send and receive email anywhere in the world provided you access to a computer with an internet connection.
How it works
You choose an ID for your address ie: spongebob@earthlight,co,nz and we set this up for you along with a password for you to access your mailbox.
Details and Pricing
- For customers who require a mailbox only, it's only $4 per month.
- For customers who subscribe to another monthly service with us, it's just $2 per month
- Invoices must be received by the customer electronically. (email or fax, not paper)
To sign up for an Earthlight email address simply go to our Contact page and send us a message!
Travellers Internet Access
Are you travelling to New Zealand and looking for affordable reliable internet access during your stay here?
We offer competitively-priced Prepaid Internet Access from $11.25 per month for 30 hours online. There is a setup fee of $11.25. This is only charged once however - if you visit NZ again we can simply reactivate your Travellers Access and you'll be ready to go straight as soon as you have paid for more hours!
Connection to our network is via our toll-free number - 0873 04242. The only other charges you will pay are local calling charges. Though charged at a standard rate by the telephone companies, actual charges / markups vary greatly from one hotel / motel / backpackers to the next. It is very important that you confirm with your place of accommodation their total per minute charge for local calls.
Travellers Internet Access is paid in advance via our Secure Server. We accept the following credit cards:
Once we have received your details and set up your account you will be able to pay online (using our Secure Server). Our dial-in number and server details can be found here. Your account will not be activated until we have received payment, so please allow two working days from the time you apply for your account to be ready to use.
There are three different rates available.
|No. Of Hours||Monthly Charge||
This is the simplest way to get started online with broadband at the low price of $34.45. Your choice of $3 per GB or Throttle-On-Cap. (slows down to dial-up speed once your monthly limit is reached)
How it works
You sign up to our earth-lite plan and you get a full speed broadband connection with a 1GB of data at a great price. This means you will go as fast as the connection to the exchange permits.
To keep the price of this plan at such a great rate there are a few conditions:
- Plan is billed in advance, excluding any excess charges which are in arrears.
- Invoices must be received electronically. (email or fax, not paper)
- Payment must be done electronically. Add $5 per month if you wish to receive accounts by paper or if payment is processed manually. (for example: cheque, eftpos or credit card)
- Calender month to month billing.
- Minimum sign up term of 12 months for a braodband connection with Earthlight (excludes plan upgrades) or an early disconnect fee will apply of $99.
- A churn fee may apply when joining Earthlight from another provider.
- Pricing may depend on connection type, see information under connections fee in broadband plans for further details on the one off costs that can be associated with getting a broadband connection.
- Clients are required to fill an application from, this can be done via our Sign Up page or by calling us on 03 479 0303 to request one is posted.
- Please read our full Terms and Conditions by clicking on the link at the bottom of any page.
To sign up to our earth-lite plan, please just fill out our form on the Sign Up page and someone will contact you to complete the process, or give us a call on 03 479 0303.
While you're on holiday give your PC a break too. Have your system checked while you're away.
How it works
Either drop your PC/Notebook in, or we can visit to collect it. We will open the machine up, check it and give it a clean. We can draw down and apply latest Microsoft updates, and check for any other updates outstanding. In addition we can also check the hard drive for fragmentation (which slows it down). A further option we offer is to copy identified information on to CD or DVD. This gives you a backup of what could be valuable information which has never been saved before.
- Bookings by arrangement, contact us to arrange. Pickups and dropoffs are chargeable, and depend on where you are relative to where we are.
- Basic check $69 Includes:- Open up, physical clean, check/apply updates, check hard drive, report on identified data.
- Extended check (Basic plus extended independent virus scan and report) $99.95
- Backup of identified information $9.95 per CD, $7.95 per DVD
An inexpensive way to upgrade is an ex-lease PC.
- Pentium 4, 3.0GHz
- 1GB of memory over 40GB Disk
- DVD-ROM, inbuilt LAN and SATA
- Windows XP Professional
- Includes keyboard and mouse
- Monitor is additional
- $499 (excludes shipping)
- Pentium M, 1.6GHz
- 1GB of memory over 40GB Disk
- DVD-ROM, inbuilt Modem, LAN and Wireless
- Windows XP Professional
- $699 (excludes shipping)
Monitors: IBM 17" LCD $199, IBM 19" LCD $249. Both exclude shipping.
Available while stocks last. Examples above are some of the ex-lease options available.
Everything is running fine with no known problems at this time.